Friday 14 October 2011

Blue Mondrian Book Cover

Decided to have a change of craft - as wrists and fingers getting very complainy as I have been doing too much crochet of late!
So been thinking up designs for book/diary covers - so here is my first stab at it .................. not what I had planned as did not have the right fabric (OK those of you falling down laughing - those privileged few allowed into my sewing room - and have seen my ROOM full of fabrics and yarns....) I kid you  not so had to go to plan B and design  a cover with what I had!

here is the front - tweedy blues with appliqued blocks in tweedy reds and gold with couiched threads and crocheted trim and book marks (one red and one blue), with a red satin lining.


here is the spine


back view

Was great fun to make - now 9 more to make !

All filled with coloured heavy paper/fine card - I ahd some made up in one colour others with a variety of colours


No comments:

Post a Comment