Thursday 18 November 2010

Design new pattern 'Tiny' Wristwarmers - despite the FLU

Oh Me Miserum!!
Fly out all the way to NJ to see my old friend Sonja to end up spending it in my room with a bad case of the flu - am so disappointed frustrated and fed up ................seems such a shame not spending planned time with her (but dont want to end up making her ill in my being enerous with my flu germs)
So no nice meals ................ or outings
Bed rest and watch sky from room
Did manage to hobble out to local LYS - The Wooly Mammoth in Red Bank
http://www.woolymonmouth.com/
Had shelves n shelves of scrummy yarn - came out with a big bag of wool (of course) and met some lovely people while there and wondering if, despite this beastly flu if I can make a return visit before I fly back to UK .................

Meanwhile between coughing n feeling sorry for myself - I crocheted the Tiny Scarf by Okmin Park (a charted japanese design found at - ehtory.blog.me ) for my friend and was so pleased with it - so simple and sweet that I have adapted the design to make a matching pair of wristwarmers.
All are in fine Shetland wool - so as it is an oiled wool it is now washed and blocking in my room.

Free Pattern
TINY WRISTWARMERS - Medium size
These have been designed to match the Tiny Scarf

The TINY SCARF

My matching TINY Wristwarmers

The TINY Scarf and Wristwarmers

You can make them any length you want - key is to make the starting chain the length you want + 5 chains
I made mine medium length of 36 chain - 31 dc with a chain 5 turning chain (as in the Tiny Scarf Pattern)
Starting chain:So I chained 36 (I often do more so always enough - just be sure to do an odd number dc)
Row 1: Make a dc in 6th chain from hook and dc across - an odd number
Chain 5 and turn
Row 2: Dc in top of dc below, chain 1 and dc in 2nd stitch (ie miss a dc below) and continue across (dc chn 1) till last dc and then chain 5 and turn
 Repeat the dc and dc chn1 rows till you have made 32 rows - make sure last row is a dc chain 1 row
Add or subtract rows depending on width of your wrist - just make sure its 2 rows wider or narrower to maintain the pattern

Then slip stitch across making the tube
Wash and block

So they are really simple to make - the basic Tiny scarf chart rows made into a rectangle and slip stitched closed
Took me a morning to make the wristwarmers and an evening to make the scarf - so the whole set would take a weekend ................. so a quick easy and delightful set to give as a gift

No comments:

Post a Comment