Monday 14 January 2013

Christmas - been and gone

Part of my Christmas window - vintage Christmas table cloth and angel 
The red vase is a vintage German ceramic as well 
Plus holly from the garden 

Ah - time flies when your having fun .................. well this Christmas has been a bit dire .........poor hubby was ill with flu before Christmas ....I didn't feel too great either (well haven't felt at all well for several months) ...... and I thought I had a broken leg on Christmas Day - so feet up and bags of frozen peas ....then Boxing Day it was even worse and could not walk at all .so more frozen leg and then a trip to A&E ............... X-rays etc ............... but seems no fracture but just 'badly damaged' and 6 weeks to recover ....................... some way to spend Christmas and New Years!! So all plans to visit family up in Scotland and help them have been shelved 

The lovely rose in Christmas bag from my good friend Marianne took centre stage in my big window


As a consequence I hardly put any decorations up at all - some holly where I could on Christmas Eve and managed a few lights around the windows ................. 

My festive lantern as usual and sadly that was about it - apart from a  string of white lights in each window 
Sorry folks but that was all I could manage .................. 

No comments:

Post a Comment