Wednesday, 25 August 2010

New curtains ...................... bedroom 1

Well been reminded that I have not posted pics of one of latest projects - as promised
Ohhhhh ..............  Mea culpa

Well here they are - I have made curtains for window, both alcoves ......and even a matching bedspread
The linings have yet to be slipstitched in and curtains to be hemmed
Then some fabulous heavey fringing to hand sewn on leading edges of the curtains and around the bedspread
As you can see have also sewn two rows matching blue grosgrain ribbon on the curtain headers - to help counteract the strong vertical stripes of the fabric - which is a lovely heavy cotton
The whole lot used my entire roll of fabric - 23m!!      Only 2" left!

Here is bed and window - with curtains in front of wardrobe and a lovely little Victorian bedroom chair I bought 30 years ago

Heres the bed - the blue headboard picks up the blue in the fabric
I trimmed and fringed an oddment of pinky beige wool fabirc I had to act as a temporary throw over the foot of the bed until I have made a new one. 
I shall put one of thingies up on the wall above the bed - so a pair of curtains can fall to either side of the bed -like a canopy or half-tester bed

Here you can see the ribbon trim and burgundy tie backs keeping curtoinas pulled back from the window

I think due to the Jacobean style print that we shall have to name the room - The Jacobean Room
Now to hang prints and photographs and re-organise furniture in there

Yet to make cushions for the bed quite a few finishing touches to do

No comments:

Post a Comment